The media are playing a double game and attempting to bind Trump to the negotiating mast, but with the terms Iran has so far presented, it is all but guaranteed that there will be another round of war. Iran has shown no willingness to abandon its nuclear programme, but has instead offered something far worse than what Obama achieved with the JCPOA agreement. It is an insult to Trump.
Trump himself said they were close to an agreement, but the terms that have so far emerged amount to a humiliation of the United States, and it is inconceivable that Trump would accept them.
According to several reports, confirmed by Israeli authorities, the initial agreement will focus on extending the existing ceasefire by an additional 60 days and reopening the blocked Strait of Hormuz to vital shipping, while the central issue of Iran’s nuclear activities will be postponed for discussion during that period, and no requirement will be imposed on Iran to export its stockpiles of highly enriched uranium. In addition, the plan is said to include a ceasefire in the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Lebanese terrorist group Hizbollah, but not the disarmament of the Iranian-backed group.
This does not accord with what Trump assured Netanyahu of on Saturday evening.
Trump “made clear that he will remain firm in negotiations regarding his long-standing demand for the dismantling of Iran’s nuclear programme and the removal of all enriched uranium from Iranian territory, and that he will not sign a final agreement unless these conditions are met”, said the anonymous senior official.
Were Trump to accept such terms, he would be placing his head on the block for the Democrats. What the regime in Iran wants is precisely such an elastic agreement that allows them to drag matters out as they please.
Everything indicates that the United States is preparing for another round of war.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-said-to-assure-netanyahu-he-will-thwart-iran-nuke-program-amid-jitters-over-emerging-deal/
